Law, Law and Potter, Architects
— 1918, 1924 and 1938 —The Longfellow School served the ethnically diverse Greenbush neighborhood as a community anchor between 1918 and 1980. Designed by the prominent Madison firm of Law, Law and Potter, the school is an excellent example of the Elizabethan Revival, a brick subtype of the Tudor Revival style. The school is also significant as an embodiment of Progressive educational ideals, including a curriculum of manual training and the improvement of health and nutrition. The school design incorporated new features such as a gymnasium, lunchroom, nurse's office, an auditorium and library.
|Series||This marker is part of the Wisconsin: Madison Landmarks Commission series|
|Placed By||The Madison Landmarks Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 14th, 2014 at 12:53am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 304368 N 4770851|
|Decimal Degrees||43.06515000, -89.40263333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 43° 3.909', W 89° 24.158'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||43° 3' 54.54" N, 89° 24' 9.48" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 210 S Brooks St, Madison WI 53715, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.