Lincoln Highway Heritage CorridorIn 1895, people from Pittsburgh could find refuge from the hustle and bustle of the city in Ligonier. At this time, Mr. Wiliam J. Potts, Ligonier's first Mayor, built a Victorian residence on this site for his wife Jessamine. It was the first home in Ligonier with indoor plumbing. Then in 1927, Mr. and Mrs. James Calderelli, Sr. purchased the house to incorporate as a restaurant, bar, and lodging for weekend visitors. Since it was located on the Lincoln Highway, the establishment was called the Lincoln Hotel and Restaurant. Since that time the building received many renovations through two family generations. The Ligonier Tavern continues to offer Lincoln Highway hospitality and fine food and spirits to travelers and residents.
|Series||This marker is part of the Lincoln Highway series|
|Placed By||Lincoln Highway Heritage Corridor|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 28th, 2014 at 5:07am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17T E 649785 N 4456286|
|Decimal Degrees||40.24363333, -79.23901667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 14.618', W 79° 14.341'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 14' 37.08" N, 79° 14' 20.46" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||412, 724|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 100-102 S Fairfield St, Ligonier PA 15658, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.