Dedicated to all Barberton military personnel who participated in World War II (green), or were in action during the Korean (blue), Vietnam (red), Persian Gulf (black), Afghanistan (taupe), Iraq (beige) and any future Wars involving the United States of America. A purple nameplate identifies men and women killed in action.
The original Honor Roll was located at the southeast corner of Lake Anna Park and was dedicated August 5, 1945. Originally intended to honor all Barberton military personnel who participated in World War II, the monument was moved to its present location on Sixth Street and rededicated May 30, 1950. It was refurbished and updated in May 1997. The current Honor Roll was built on the site of the old monument and was dedicated November 11, 2004. This reconstruction was made possible by donations from the City of Barberton, The Barberton Community Foundation, veterans groups, service organizations, corporations, businesses and individuals. A complete listing of all donors is on file at the Barberton Public Library.