Originally built in 1899 as the Arizona and Utah Railway, this short-line reached almost twenty five miles from the siding at McConnico on the Sante Fe to the White Hills. In 1904, a storm washed out much of the route. In 1905, the Sante Fe acquired the right-of-way and created the Western Arizona Railway over the same route. This railroad served the mines in the Chloride area, as well as mines in nearby Eldorado Canyon in Nevada. In 1910 the Western Arizona was completed to Chloride proper, and served the community until 1931. Though it was considered for expansion to bring supplies to the Hoover Dam project, the distance was too far and the railway was abandoned. In cooperation with the Chloride Historical Society, and the people of Chloride, Arizona.