— Jul. 1, 1861 - Sep. 13, 1861 —A little over a quarter of a mile to the southwest was a Pony Express Station called Troy. This was due to its close proximity to the town of Troy, Kansas. It was owned and operated by Henry Thompson and had 16 rooms and a tavern. To save money the Pony Express Company contracted with local owners to use their sites for their stations in Kansas.
|Series||This marker is part of the Pony Express National Historic Trail series|
|Placed By||City of Troy, James, Stretesky, 1st Bank of Troy, Pony Express Trail Association, et al|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 27th, 2014 at 2:23am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15S E 324173 N 4406823|
|Decimal Degrees||39.79321667, -95.05356667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 39° 47.593', W 95° 3.214'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||39° 47' 35.58" N, 95° 3' 12.84" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||785, 913|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 1296 Ottumwa Rd, Troy KS 66087, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.