Symbolizing Agriculture and IndustryThese two statues, one symbolizing agriculture and the other industry, once stood over the main entrance of the Board of Trade Building built in 1885. The statues greeted commodity traders and the public for 45 years. Thought lost forever when the building was demolished in 1929 to make way for the exchange's current Art Deco structure, in 2005 they were graciously returned to their origins through the generosity and good will of the DuPage County Forest Preserve District.
|Series||This marker is part of the Markers Attached to Sculpture series|
|Placed By||Chicago Board of Trade|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 7th, 2014 at 6:53am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 447571 N 4636416|
|Decimal Degrees||41.87793333, -87.63185000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 41° 52.676', W 87° 37.911'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||41° 52' 40.56" N, 87° 37' 54.66" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||312, 630, 773, 224, 708|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 131 W Jackson Blvd, Chicago IL 60604, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.