Julesburg, Colo.1. DePoorter Lakeis located off U.S. 385, just south of Julesburg. It offers fishing, picnic tables, restrooms and a wheelchair accessible pathway around the lake.
2. Hippodrome Theatre is newly restored and a source of community pride. This historic theatre, originally built in 1919, is once again providing films and other entertainment.
3. The Depot Museum is a relocated and remodeled Union Pacific Depot. It showcases Indian artifacts, relics from the four Julesburgs and other items of historic significance.
4. The Fort Sedgwick Museum exhibits pioneer and military collections.
5. The Old Ford Garage is filled with photographs of early Julesburg, restored gasoline pumps, old automobiles and other local memorabilia.
6. Meline Swimming Pool Park offers playground equipment all year, and swimming, picnic tables and restrooms during the summer.
7. Railroad Park provides picnic tables, a gazebo, playground equipment and the chance to watch passing trains.
8. Thompson Park has picnic tables and a rock garden.
9. Sedgwick County Golf Course is a nine-hole public golf course, three miles north of Julesburg on Highway 11.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Friday, September 12th, 2014 at 5:06pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||13T E 730124 N 4540729|
|Decimal Degrees||40.98530000, -102.26448333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 40° 59.118', W 102° 15.869'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||40° 59' 7.08" N, 102° 15' 52.14" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||308, 970|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 5890 W 1st St, Julesburg CO 80737, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.