On Old Sandtown Rd.Est. March 1836; discontinued July 7, 1866; a stop on the Decatur Marthasville (Atlanta) and White Hall & Sandtown stagecoach route in intervening years: Also a landmark in the movement of Federal troops from the Atlanta siege lines to Red Oak and Jonesboro to cut the west Point & Macon railroads in 1864.
|Series||This marker is part of the Georgia: Georgia Historical Society/Commission series, and the Postal Mail and Philately series.|
|Placed By||Georgia Historical Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 12th, 2014 at 7:42pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 731428 N 3734256|
|Decimal Degrees||33.72310000, -84.50233333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 33° 43.386', W 84° 30.14'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||33° 43' 23.16" N, 84° 30' 8.40" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||404, 678, 770|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 3460 Cascade Rd SW, Atlanta GA 30311, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.