Known as Lewis Corner because of a sharp curve in the road. This nearby location was home to Eugene Lewis,Sr. (May 31, 1884-May 18, 1966) and wife Jessie Ward Lewis (Feb.9, 1890-Jan. 1,1968). The Lewises and their 10 children resided here from 1915 unil 1966 on land owned by their friends, the F.E. Hill family, in Blount community.
Eugene was a self-educated and well respected man who served with Delbert Ivy and Henry Richardson on the school board of Rocky Springs School District, which was composed of the schools of Blount, Spring Bank, Titus Farms, Flat Woods, Rocky Springs and Union. He also served as a leader in the Trinity Chapel Church. Lewis raised swine and cattle and grew cotton, corn, sugarcane, sorghum, and vegetable crops. Approx. 350 yards northeast is the location of the original Hill Family Cemetery dating to the late 1800s. Other nearby communites included Turlington, Antioch, Troy, Trinity Chapel, Brown's Creek, Young's Mill, Titus Farms, and Pilot Knob (highest elevaton in Freestone County).
This site is known locally as "The Gene Lewis Field" and is now owned by Luminant Mining Company.