Side ACamdenWhen the School Section, No. 16, was sold in 1832 Wm. Crooks, School Commissioner, reserved 16 acres and had a town site laid out by John Armstrong, Co. Surveyor. Col. Crooks (1787 - 1861) (War of 1812) kept the first cabin store about 40 yds. South. John E. Snoberger was the first Postmaster 1833. Dr. F. G. Armstrong (1822 - 1903) was pioneer physician and legislator. Jonathan Martin gave land for a church, cemetery and school, 1835. A. J. Thomas, E. C. Rice and Philip Ray were merchants and bankers; Royal Grosvenor and Geo. C. Sanderson area teachers. Musselman, McFarland, Robeson, McCain, Replogle, Porter area millers. The railroad came in 1872.
Side BJackson TownshipJohn Odel entered the first land in 1825. The twp. was laid out in 1830, extending East and South to the county line. About 1827 Moses Aldridge, Elisha Brown, Adam Porter, John & Jeremiah Ballard settled on Bachelor's Run. Other settlers were Wm. Hance, 1828, Wm. Armstrong, John Lenon 1829, Philip Hewitt, Peter Replogle, Thos. Sterling, Saml. Wise, Peter Iman, John Musselman, Levi Cline, Jas. & Wm. Martin, Jacob Humrickhouse and David Zook. Lower Deer Creek Church of Brethren was organized in 1828 by Peter Replogle, Samuel Wise and Peter Iman, first minister. Other ministers were H. Vredenburg, Nebo Methodist; John P. Hay, Cumberland Presbyterian 1830.