An American Water LandmarkDesigned by architect George S. Mayer of Chicago, Illinois. It was completed in November 1894, replacing two wooden tanks erected on this site in 1887. The Tower stands 100 feet high with a tank capacity of 250,000 gallons. This facility, modeled after the Chicago Water Tower of 1867, was designed to house the Fresno City Library on the 2nd and 3rd levels. The brick walls are of double construction, from one to two feet thick, with a space of three feet between them.
|Placed By||City of Fresno and American Water Works Association|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 19th, 2014 at 4:06pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||11S E 251126 N 4069569|
|Decimal Degrees||36.73925000, -119.78728333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 36° 44.355', W 119° 47.237'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||36° 44' 21.30" N, 119° 47' 14.22" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||559, 209|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 2444 Fresno St, Fresno CA 93721, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.