1907This impressive stucco and brick house was built for Addie and Frank M. Wootton, an attorney who became one of Madison's first automobile dealers. From 1914 to 1948, it was the home of Daniel and Katie Mead. Mead was a UW professor of engineering and a world-famous designer of dams and hydroelectric power plants. The Prairie Style house, with its bands of leaded glass windows, Sullivanesque ornament and horizontal lines, was faithfully restored in 1983.
|Series||This marker is part of the Wisconsin: Madison Landmarks Commission series|
|Placed By||The Madison Landmarks Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 18th, 2014 at 6:40pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 305431 N 4772067|
|Decimal Degrees||43.07636667, -89.39001667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 43° 4.582', W 89° 23.401'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||43° 4' 34.92" N, 89° 23' 24.06" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 120 W Gorham St, Madison WI 53703, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.