1903; Addition 1911This building is significant for its association with Madison's cultural history, particularly transportation manufacturing, and as an excellent example of a textile mill industrial loft type building. This type of building was long and narrow with multiple floors and abundant windows providing natural lighting and ventilation. The open interior plan provided ample space, easily adaptable for manufacturing equipment. Constructed for the manufacture of horse-drawn buggies, production was converted in 1917 to auto bodies and tops as automobiles became more predominant.
|Series||This marker is part of the Wisconsin: Madison Landmarks Commission series|
|Placed By||The Madison Landmarks Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 11th, 2014 at 6:59am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 306515 N 4772131|
|Decimal Degrees||43.07721667, -89.37673333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 43° 4.633', W 89° 22.604'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||43° 4' 37.98" N, 89° 22' 36.24" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 115 S Blair St, Madison WI 53703, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.