John J. Flad, Architect
— 1938 —This Mediterranean Revival clubhouse has Art Moderne touches, reflecting its late 1930s date. It was built for the Knights of Columbus, a fraternal society for Catholic men. Several other Catholic groups met here and the building also housed the offices of the Catholic Diocese. John J. Flad was a prominent Catholic layman who designed many buildings for the Catholic church. John J. Flad and Associates would grow to become one of the largest architectural firms in the city.
|Series||This marker is part of the Wisconsin: Madison Landmarks Commission series|
|Placed By||The Madison Landmarks Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 27th, 2014 at 8:27pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 306189 N 4771670|
|Decimal Degrees||43.07298333, -89.38056667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 43° 4.379', W 89° 22.834'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||43° 4' 22.74" N, 89° 22' 50.04" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 9 E Wilson St, Madison WI 53703, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.