Built in 1886 for Edward Tracy Hollingsworth, a prominent merchant and banker, this two-story Victorian - style house with mansard roof is one of the few surviving examples of late-nineteenth century architecture in Gadsden. The original complex included a detached kitchen, a well, a servant's house and a barn.
In 1901 Dr. and Mrs. Charles L. Gunn purchased the property. It remained in that family until the death of their daughter, Carolyn Gunn Bellenger in 1990, who had bequeathed the house to the city of Gadsden.
(Listed in the National Register of Historic Places February 19, 1993)
Erected in 1993 by the City of Gadsden, Steve A. Means, MayorAnd The Etowah Historical Society