Germantown, WisconsinThis limestone, Greek Revival dwelling was built by Jacob and Mary Ann Schunk in 1858. The clapboard and stone section was added in 1870. Of special interest are two sets of quarter-circle windows at the attic level. The history of the Schunk farmhouse reflects the extension of their nuclear family. Jacob and Mary Ann signed over the farm in 1874 to their son and his wife. A condition of obligation was then created that stated Jacob and Mary Ann were to have part of the house for their quarters and they were to be provided for until their deaths.
|Placed By||Washington County Landmarks Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 12th, 2014 at 5:03pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 410598 N 4784338|
|Decimal Degrees||43.20653333, -88.10053333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 43° 12.392', W 88° 6.032'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||43° 12' 23.52" N, 88° 6' 1.92" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near N104W15446 Donges Bay Rd, Germantown WI 53022, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.