The Alexandria and Pineville Baptist Church was organized in Pineville, Louisiana, on September 6, 1881, with twelve charter members. The name of the Church was changed to Emmanuel Baptist Church on March 30, 1892. In 1897, a wooden Sanctuary at Fourth and Jackson Streets in Alexandria was erected. A brick Education Building was completed in 1920. On September 10, 1950, the present brick Sanctuary was dedicated. In 1960, the Education Building was renovated and expanded educational facilities were erected behind the Sanctuary. The Bolton Chapel was dedicated on January 1, 1961. On January 23, 1977, the Activities Building was dedicated. The Sculpture, "Angel", was dedicated on February 22, 1981. The Church as since acquired all the property in the remainder of the two-block area for future expansion.