This church, formally organized in 1884, had its origins in a Sunday school class organized in 1874. With 16 charter members and Rev. Arthur Buist as its first minister, Millbrook built its first sanctuary here in 1886. The frame church, built by J.V. George, was described as "one of the prettiest and best arranged" churches in this part of the state when it was dedicated.
The original 1886 church was enlarged in 1909 and again in 1952. With the growth in Aiken County's population during the 1950s the congregation grew dramatically, building the present brick sanctuary in 1962. Dr. W. James Rivers is Millbrook's longest-serving minister, preaching here 1967-1996. The original sanctuary, renovated in 1979 and 1984, has served as a chapel since 1962.