<———<<<<This courthouse built in 1848 at a cost of $1,637 replaced one built in 1839 and was burned in 1845. The courthouse now in use was built at Buena Vista, then Pea Ridge, in 1850 when the county seat was moved. The first courthouse in Marion County was at Horry. Members of Marion Lodge No. 14 F. & A.M. established in 1840 have met in this old courthouse since its construction. Prior to this they met in the courthouse that was burned. This courthouse now marks the exact center of the new city limits established by incorporation in 1953.
|Series||This marker is part of the Georgia: Georgia Historical Society/Commission series|
|Placed By||Georgia Historical Commission|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 7th, 2014 at 8:14am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 740757 N 3585493|
|Decimal Degrees||32.38050000, -84.44083333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 32° 22.83', W 84° 26.45'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||32° 22' 49.80" N, 84° 26' 27.00" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 2533-2599 Dr Deryl Hart Rd, Buena Vista GA 31803, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.