1895-1927 (Building erected in 1914)A.Z. Palmer was one of the original settlers of Snowflake and established the first store there with Mark Kartchner, a brother-in-law. In 1895 he purchased the store located on this site and thereafter became the pre-eminent merchant in the region for a number of years. His son Arthur was the chief clerk most of the time after about 1905, and later the postmaster, an insurance agent, and a farm implement dealer - all businesses operated in conjunction with this store (called then A. Z. Palmer and Son). A. Z. died in 1925 the same year Arthur was called on a two year LDS mission to the Eastern States and during his absence the store failed. A. Z. served a broad regional clientele with his general store, livery stable, and ice cream parlor besides the other businesses.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, September 6th, 2014 at 8:49pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||12S E 583448 N 3814127|
|Decimal Degrees||34.46533333, -110.09140000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 27.92', W 110° 5.484'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 27' 55.20" N, 110° 5' 29.04" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 17 S Main St, Snowflake AZ 85937, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.