First Presbyterian Church in Pike County
Organized largely by members of Beaver Creek Presbyterian Church near Camden, South Carolina.
The petitioned Presbytery of South Alabama Oct. 18, 1839 and were officially established as a church April 3, 1840.
Church was dissolved in April 1917.
(see other side for officers)
(history on other side)
Officers during the life of church: 1840-1917
ELDERS - R.R., S.R., J.W., J.A. McLure; J.M. Thompson; E. Ruffin; S. Smyth; B.H. Boyd; J.A. Ramsay; G.C. Barnette; J.D. and Dr. J.A. McEachern.
DEACONS - John and Dr. J.A. McEachern, John W., Thomas C., Henry M., Richard U. McLure; W.F. Ferrell; W.A.E. Helms.
MINISTERS - D.S. McCormick; A.M. Mooney; M.A. Patterson; A. McMillan; J.M. Peu; G.W. Butler; F.M. McMurry; J. McKee; R.H. Hall; G.R. Foster; R. Kirkpatrick; W.H. White and J.C. Sturgeon.