This Belvedere, meaning "beautiful view" was one of three Forest Lodge towers. Forest Lodge, constructed in the 1880s by Captain John Cussons, was a six-story hotel on 1000 acres in Glen Allen, west of the railroad tracks. Cussons created gardens, a hunting preserve, ponds stocked with fish, and a park populated with deer and peacocks. The resort boasted over 100 guestrooms, a grand ballroom, boating facilities and a theatre. Cussons envisioned the Lodge as a popular train stop between New York and Florida. The Lodge was demolished in 1992.