Tuscaloosa's oldest house, The McGuire-Strickland, was built on this site ca. 1820; first occupant, Moses McGuire, Tuscaloosa County's first Probate Judge, State Representative 1845; sold to Dr. Rueben Searcy 1849; to the Presbyterian Church 1851 as church manse. occupied by Rev. Robert B. White before and during the Civil War; 1866 Milton Strickland, Civil War veteran, purchased for his family home. To "save" the structure, Tuscaloosa County Preservation Society moved it to Capitol Park 1970; property acquired by SouthTrust Bank of Tuscaloosa County 1988.