Episcopal services in Florence began in 1824. Rev. Thomas Armstrong Cook organized Trinity Episcopal Church in 1836. The original building, on the northwest corner of College and Cedar Streets, was consecrated Feb. 23, 1845, by Bishop Nicholas Hamner Cobbs. It burned in 1893, and this building was constructed in 1894, using the tower bell from the old church. Services have been held here since Easter Day, 1895. Building Consecrated by Bishop Richard Hooker Wilmer June 12, 1898. Parish Hall added in 1929. Education building and Mullen Hall erected 1967.