Confederate Park, the northeast corner of the courthouse yard, was deeded to the Zollicoffer-Fulton Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy, by the Quarterly Court. The chapter unveiled the Confederate Monument on September 6, 1906. Standing tall, facing north with a commanding view of the two cannons, the Confederate private at parade rest has a frank and fearless look. The statue was made in Carrara, Italy. Mr. Lewis Peach, a Confederate veteran of Lincoln County, erected the monument. The pedestal is of white Georgia marble and the base is of Bedford Stone.