1873Built for Hermann Christian Timm and his wife, Augusta (Muenster) Timm, the house was erected in two sections. A frame, Greek Revival-influenced residence was built for the Timm family in 1873. In 1892, a large stick style house was constructed onto the front of the earlier house. August F. Neuman, a contractor from Kiel, built the new plan and carried out the remodeling of the original home. Herman C. Timm arrived in New Holstein in the summer of 1848, and in 1864 married Augusta Muenster. The couple had seven children who lived to adulthood. Mr. Timm was the first president of the village of New Holstein, owned the H. C. Timm Elevator Company, served as president of the State Bank of New Holstein and was president of the New Holstein Mercantile Company. The house remained in the Timm family until 1974, when Herman C. Timm II, the son of H.C. and Augusta Timm gave the house and most of its contents to the New Holstein Historical Society. The house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1996, in recognition of its architecture.
|Placed By||The City of New Holstein and the New Holstein Historical Society|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Thursday, September 18th, 2014 at 2:31pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16T E 412918 N 4866877|
|Decimal Degrees||43.94986667, -88.08523333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 43° 56.992', W 88° 5.114'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||43° 56' 59.52" N, 88° 5' 6.84" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 2001-2015 Railroad St, New Holstein WI 53061, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.