Augustus P. Gardner (1817-1905), a wealthy hardware merchant, built this Victorian style house in 1975. A three-story, thirteen-room mansion with a mansard roof, it was Gardner's home until his death in 1905. In 1966, after decades of neglect, the house was purchased by the Albion Historical Society. Restored, it houses a local museum. Five of the rooms are furnished as a nineteenth-century home, and the remainder feature permanent and rotating exhibits. This house is among the last of its type in this area.