[Side A:]EastonIn 1878, O.W. Easton and J.P. Whitney, San Francisco entrepreneurs, bought a total of 12 sections of land in this area (7680 acres), formed the Washington Irrigated Colony and began selling 20-acre farms. Allen T. Covell was the superintendent and resident manager of the Colony, established the townsite that came to be called Covell. The town was composed of lots, each of which came as a bonus to the purchaser of a 20-acre farm. As the community grew and the postal areas were rearranged, the community was renamed Easton.
High Scool District.One hundred years ago, voters of the area formed the Washington Union High School District, but initial classes were held in the Easton Towh Hall and in the Easton Park. Finally in 1901, the first school building was constructed on the site at a cost of $7,500. The building was destroyed by fire in 1923 and a new school was built in 1924 at a cost of $145,000. There were verious additions as the population increased including a nine-classrom unit in 1961, but the entire building was razed in 1972 and a hew high school complex was dedicated in 1975.