Site of the first Jewish house of worship in ArkansasFrom 1882 to 1887, an ornate two-story space on the second floor of this building served as the social hall for the Concordia Association - an organization established in 1864 to help Jewish immigrant families adapt to their new lives in Arkansas. Despite religious segregation that prohibited Jews from belonging to most community-wide social organizations, many non-Jewish groups also used Concordia Hall for events.
|Placed By||Jewish American Society for Historic Preservation|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, September 28th, 2014 at 10:27am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||15S E 567150 N 3845283|
|Decimal Degrees||34.74746667, -92.26636667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 44.848', W 92° 15.982'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 44' 50.88" N, 92° 15' 58.92" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 405 President Clinton Ave, Little Rock AR 72201, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.