This church, known as Honey Camp Baptist Church until 1924, was founded in 1807. It is the mother church to several Baptist churches in eastern S.C., including Spring Branch (1830), Pleasant View (1875), Mt. Zion (1887), Mt. Olive (1890), Dogwood (1896), Carolina (1902), and Grassy Bay (1905). It was first located a few miles southwest, near Honey Camp Swamp.
Admitted to the Cape Fear (N.C.) Association in 1822, then to the Waccamaw Association in 1876, this congregation worshipped near Honey Camp Swamp until 1869, when J.H. Derham donated this site. The first sanctuary here, a frame building, was replaced by a larger one in 1886. It burned in 1931 and was replaced by the present brick sanctuary, completed in 1932.