According to oral tradition, this congregation began meeting together for outdoor worship services in 1874. In 1884, Leonard Eck donated land, the B.J. Lee family gave a building, and the church was formally organized with the Rev. Anthony Winn as pastor. In 1916, after several decades of growth, the congregation moved to this property, donated by M.M. and Josephine Mitchell and G.A. Mitchell. In 1928-1929, a Rosenwald school was built on the northwest corner of the church's acreage to serve students in this rural part of Travis County. Throughout its history, Union Lee Missionary Baptist Church has carried out ministries of education and community assistance and remains an important part of the area's cultural heritage.