The first services were in private homes and at Rock Hill Academy 1857-1861. The church was organized Easter 1870 with the Rev. Roberts P. Johnson as its first rector. Founders included the families of Col. Cadwallader Jones, Halcott Pride Green, Maj. John R. London, Col. J.M. Ivy, and Samuel G. Keesler. This structure, completed in 1872 with alterations since, is the oldest church building in the city.
The first parish house, built in 1922, contained one of the first gymnasiums in Rock Hill. Under the leadership of the Rev. W. Preston Peyton, it was a center for community activities. It was replaced by the present parish house, built in 1991, which contains a hall dedicated to the memory of the Rev. William W. Lumpkin (1910-1969), rector 1951-1969.