First known as Pleasant Hill, this community was settled by Swedish immigrants in the late 1880s. The name of the settlement eventually was changed to Lund in honor of a city in southern Sweden. Under the leadership of the Rev. J.A. Stamline, the Swedish Evangelical Bethlehem Lutheran Church was founded on January 16, 1897. The Lund community included homes, farms, cotton gins, a general store, blacksmith shop, post office, and school. A tornado destroyed the church building on April 7, 1980. A new structure was built and dedicated in 1981.