Sweden native Sven Axel Philquist, local district clerk and later clerk of the Texas Supreme Court, hired Swedish builder F. Oscar Blomquist to build this family home in 1912. Following several subsequent owners, grocer Sam Wood purchased the house in 1943; it remained in the Wood family for more than 50 years. Today, the home exhibits its original detailing as a transitional hybrid, with influences of the Queen Anne, colonial revival and craftsman styles. The interior features an inglenook, and the exterior details include paired box columns, tripartite window groupings, dormers and gables. Recorded Texas Historic Landmark.