Side A: The Town Plat
Lebanon was laid out in September of 1802 by four pioneer settler. Cradled by the forks of Turtle Creek, 100 lots were carved out of the wild, primitive forest. At the time, there were only two cabins in the plat. The boundaries were what are now Silver, South, Water and the alley between Cherry and East streets.
Side B: The Tharp House
The house at 9 and 11 East Main Street may be the oldest building still standing in Lebanon. Located on Lot. No. 1, it was built between 1807 and 1814. In less than 20 years Lebanon grew from a frontier settlement, with fewer than 10 men in 1803, to a thriving village of nearly 2,000 citizens in 1820.