The building at 22 S. Broadway sits on lot No. 99 of the 1802 plat of Lebanon. In 1854, Henry C. Meloy ran a grocery store here while his family lived on the 2nd floor. After his death in 1889, it was used as a saloon, a "French" dry cleaners, a dry goods store, two different bar and grills and, in 1908, the town's third movie theater, The Royal.
(continued on other side)
(continued from other side)
In 1968, to help "make Lebanon a greater town," the stockholders of Greater Lebanon Inc. purchased the old Kings Grill located here. They opened The Village Ice Cream Parlor on July 4, 1969. In 1980 the Hartsock Family bought this very popular nostalgic eatery. Its old-fashioned soda fountain has drawn two Hollywood films to shoot here.