The Blackman-Bosworth Store building was built 1827-28 by David Blackman on lot #14. It originally stood next to the James Westfall log house that had been used as an early courthouse. Slaves built the store building, supervised by bricklayer J.W. Bradley who had a brick yard along the river. Mr. Blackman had a mercantile store here until the Civil War. The store was later operated by McClaskey and Hanshaw.
The store has a vault in the cellar, reached by a trapdoor, which was used to store valuables before there was a town bank. The building was used as a commissary during the Civil War, and at times was a post office and a print shop; the Randolph Enterprise newspaper was first printed here.
In 1881, Squire Newton Bosworth, the son of Dr. Squire Bosworth, bought the store. In the 1890s, he built an addition on the north side of the building. His descendants lived here until the building was sold to the Randolph County Historical Society in 1972.
The Blackman-Bosworth Store is individually listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Now the Randolph County Museum, this is a three-bay by four-bay structure with 9 over 6 pane windows and large double doors. On the north side is an 1890s addition with separate entrance.