A beautiful Victorian Cottage which faced East Sheldon Street was built on this site by W.B. Jones. On November 15, 1893, William Owen (Buckey) O'Neill and his wife Pauline moved into the house. O'Neill used a portion of the upstairs as his office where he published his livestock newspaper, "Hoof and Horn".
O'Neill, who came to Arizona in 1879 at the age of 19, met his future wife, Pauline Marie Schindler, in Prescott in 1885. They were married on April 27, 1886. Two days later, "Buckey" O'Neill announced his marriage to Pauline in "Hoof and Horn" with a passionate essay on the joys of the "Beulah land of matrimony". O'Neill, who by 1888 had been elected Probate Judge and then Sheriff of Yavapai County, was later elected Mayor of the City of Prescott. Pauline, too, earned political appointments which reflected her interests in suffrage and prohibition.
Roughrider Captain William "Buckey" O'Neill was killed in Sangtiago, Cuba on July 1, 1898. Pauline, who was elected to the Arizona House of Representatives in 1917, sold the house to John and Frances Munds in 1902. John Lee Munds and Frances ("Fannie") Lillian Willard Munds were both from Arizona ranching families. Munds was Sheriff of Yavapai County. Fannie Munds worked tirelessly for womens's suffrage, and the right to vote in Arizona was granted on November 15, 1912. Fannie Munds was the first woman elected to such a position in the nation. The O'Neill/Munds House later burned and was demolished.