William Jennings - President
Christian W. Lynch - Vice-president
William Wills - Secretary
Patrick F. Duncan - Treasurer
Frank M. Masters - Chief Engineer
Ralph Modjeski - Consulting Engineer
Paul P. Cret - Consulting Architect
The Vang Const. Co. - Contractors
(Around relief artwork of the original bridge)
The original structure at this location
built 1828-29 replaced 1924-25
Constructed and operated as a public utility in accordance
with the laws of the commonwealth and dedicated to the
people for their convenience and use.
The earliest means of transportation over the Susquehanna River near this location was a ferry owned and operated by Robert Clark, a pioneer. In 1828-29 the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania replaced the ferry with a dam and a highway Toll Bridge supporting a towing-path which was constructed and operated as a part of the State's canal system, for the purpose of transporting canal boats across the river.
In 1857 the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania sold its entire canal system to the Pennsylvania Railroad Company, which company in 1867 organized and transferred this property to the Pennsylvania Canal Company which was operated as a part of the Pennsylvania Railroad Transportation System.
In 1915 the Pennsylvania Canal Company having abandoned the canal operation, then entirely replaced by the railroad system, sold the bridge to the present owner, The Clark's Ferry Bridge Company.
In 1924-25, to meet the increasing demands of motor vehicular traffic, the Clark's Ferry Bridge Company replaced the original structure with the bridge.