These granite columns are all that remain of 4460 Howe Street, built in 1898. This residence was the home of various families connected to St. Mary's and Mountain View Cemeteries and their supporting business. 4460 Howe Street originally belonged to Angus McIsaac, superintendent of St. Mary's Cemetery, and later to his daughter and sons, at least one of whom worked for the cemetery. The property was also associated with Percy and June Hassard, florists here in the 1930's. By about 1936, the house and adjoining shop addition belonged to Antonio Gomez Bras of California Marble and Granite Works. Antonio Bras, who rebuilt the porch in 1934-35, added the columns as a way to advertise his business. Bras used the shop adjoining 4460 Howe Street as a branch salesroom for his main marble and granite plant in Hayward.