In 1894 Andrew Hallidie, inventor of San Francisco's cable cars, built an aerial tramway on his hillside property, Eagle Home Farm. It served as a model for prospective customers. The tramway stretched 7,341 ft from this vicinity to a station near the intersection of Skyline Blvd. and Old La Honda Road, a vertical rise of 1,168 ft. Heavy timbers created the towers from which the cable hung. The longest span between towers was 630 ft. The highest point above the ground was 120 ft. A 10 horse power steam engine powered the cable, which carried 3 passenger cages and 20 iron buckets, each of which could hold 100 to 300 pounds. After Hallidie's death in 1900, the tramway was dismantled.