1750 -1831First Register of deeds of Sevier County, Tennessee, in 1796, James McMahan set aside the original twenty-five acres for the creation of the township at "The Forks of The Little Pigeon" in 1795. An immigrant from Ireland, McMahan was married to Rachel Calvert (1770-1840), a descendant of George Calvert, Lord of Baltimore, They made Sevier County their home, rearing their thirteen children on their vast farmland along the east prong of the Little Pigeon River including this site of Sevierville's Public Square.
|Placed By||Sevier Museum of History and Art|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 18th, 2014 at 2:47pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 268416 N 3972440|
|Decimal Degrees||35.86885000, -83.56500000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 35° 52.131', W 83° 33.9'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||35° 52' 7.86" N, 83° 33' 54.00" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 100 E Main St, Pigeon Forge TN 37862, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.