Centre BridgeThe Center Bridge Company was incorporated to construct a toll bridge across the Delaware River here in 1812, completely reconstructed in 1830, and substantially repaired in 1841 after a damaging flood. The bridge, a covered timber structure, was destroyed by a fire caused by a lightening strike in 1923. The remains of the bridge were sold to New Jersey and Pennsylvania in 1925, and the present bridge, a six-span riveted steel Warren truss, was completed using the existing abutments and piers in 1927 - it is now owned by the Delaware River Joint Toll Bridge Commission.
Delaware and Raritan Canal FeederThe Feeder of the Delaware and Raritan Canal was completed to connect the Delaware River at Bull's Island with the main canal at Trenton in 1834. The Feeder provided water supply to the main canal and also functioned as a navigable waterway. Bridge Street appears to have always crossed over the canal via a fixed bridge placed at a height sufficient to allow for the passage of canal boats, with the present concrete bridge built in 1926. The canal was abandoned in 1913 and taken over by the State of New Jersey in the following year.