After a fire in 1859, pioneer Doctor Jones rebuilt this structure to withstand future disasters. It served as his office, and is constructed of limestone, brick, 30 inch windowless walls and iron shuttered doors. In 1867, it was sold to John Hauselt and used as an Oddfellows hall. In 1886, it was rented to brothers Ben and James Stephens, general mercantilers, who opened a cheap cash store. The old painted sign can still be still be seen on the west side of the building. Presently owned by Amy and Bob Monsen.
Plaque erected by Chispa Parlor No. 139, NSGW.Dedicated on March 13, 1993, by the Native Sons of the Golden West. Harly M. Harty, Grand President