Water PowerThe original mill on Golden Creek was built across the creek from the present day Golden Creek Mill by William O'Dell in 1815. The ruins are still visible today. In a deed dated 1836, the property was transferred to John Arial and listed as consisting of 50 acres and a corn mill. Arial added a cotton gin and press. Later, owner George Hendricks added an ice plant. In 1985, Joyce and Leroy Stewart purchased the land across the creek from the original site and built the present replica of the earlier mill. Two other restored mills are located nearby, north of Pickens: The Hagood Mill and the Meece Mill.
|Series||This marker is part of the South Carolina: South Carolina Heritage Corridor series|
|Placed By||South Carolina Heritage Corridor|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 18th, 2014 at 6:28am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||17S E 349641 N 3854868|
|Decimal Degrees||34.82500000, -82.64416667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 34° 49.5', W 82° 38.65'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||34° 49' 30.00" N, 82° 38' 39.00" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 187 Enon Church Rd, Easley SC 29640, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.