Tudor Hall PlantationMany nineteenth-century Virginians buried deceased family members near their homes rather than in distant church yards. While we do not know when this cemetery was established, the only grave marker on this property belonged to Martha Eliza T. Boisseau Jones, daughter of Tudor Hall's first owners. Martha died on February 29, 1840, apparently while giving birth to twins who were buried with their mother. Martha Jones' remains and marker were moved to Blandford Cemetery in Petersburg in 1955. Archaeologists surveyed three unknown additional burials at this site in 1997.
|Placed By||Pamplin Historical Park|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 5th, 2014 at 7:53am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18S E 280046 N 4118224|
|Decimal Degrees||37.18458333, -77.47785000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 37° 11.075', W 77° 28.671'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||37° 11' 4.50" N, 77° 28' 40.26" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||804, 434, 757|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 6318 Duncan Rd, Petersburg VA 23803, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.