The oldest Methodist Church west of the Oconee River, Concord, first called Victory, was established in 1810, when William B. Pritchard and Thomas Johnston built a little log church on the Stage Coach Line from Milledgeville to Athens, on land donated by Thomas Johnston. The first pastor was Drury Powell. The first presiding elder was Dr. Lovick Pierce, the father of Bishop George F. Pierce. The named was changed to Concord after 1812.
A very strong church in its early days, Concord's membership included the Harrison, Arnold, Baugh, White, Wilson, and many other families.