Glendale (Frayser's Farm)Willis Church Road runs from here to Malvern Hill. A large part of Union Gen. George B. McClellan's Army of the Potomac followed this road south toward the James River, four miles ahead, near the end of the Seven Days' Battles in 1862. On 30 June, at the Battle of Glendale / Frayser's Farm, seven Union infantry divisions stretched across a wide arc north and west of here to keep this road open. Although Confederate infantrymen pushed to within sight of the critical road, they could not sever it. The Union army retreated on this and parallel roads to Malvern Hill during the night.
|Marker Number||PA 175|
|Placed By||Department of Historic Resources|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Sunday, October 26th, 2014 at 11:09pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||18S E 302423 N 4146664|
|Decimal Degrees||37.44575000, -77.23351667|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 37° 26.745', W 77° 14.011'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||37° 26' 44.70" N, 77° 14' 0.66" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 7991 Willis Church Rd, Richmond VA 23231, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.