(1908 - 1933)In April of 1908 the Sixth District Agricultural and Mechanical College opened here with 18 students. In September of 1930 the school was reorganized as Georgia Industrial College. President T.O. Galloway was the guiding spirit of the college from 1918 to1933, during which time the school greatly expanded its enrollment, programs and facilities. The school was abolished at the end of the 1933 school year to reduce State expenditures and to help balance the State budget. At the height of its operation, thecollege enrolled over 200 students and employed 15 faculty members.
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 4th, 2014 at 5:18pm PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 765857 N 3660038|
|Decimal Degrees||33.04643333, -84.15303333|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 33° 2.786', W 84° 9.182'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||33° 2' 47.16" N, 84° 9' 10.92" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||404, 770, 706, 478, 678|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 419 College Dr, Barnesville GA 30204, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.