Circa 1922Springboro's town hall and town jail occupied this site for nearly 100 years. This was also the site of the town's first fire station. According to local history, this building was built circa 1922 by volunteers with donated materials after an earlier, late-1800s town hall was destroyed by fire. A village council chamber was to the left, a Model T fire truck parked on the right side of the building, and two jail cells were located in the back. The site was originally occupied by Stephen Peeble's brick blacksmith shop, one of several in the village during the early and mid 1800s.
|Placed By||Old Springboro|
|Marker Condition||No reports yet|
|Date Added||Saturday, October 11th, 2014 at 1:44am PDT -07:00|
|UTM (WGS84 Datum)||16S E 737694 N 4381785|
|Decimal Degrees||39.55285000, -84.23355000|
|Degrees and Decimal Minutes||N 39° 33.171', W 84° 14.013'|
|Degrees, Minutes and Seconds||39° 33' 10.26" N, 84° 14' 0.78" W|
|Driving Directions||Google Maps|
|Area Code(s)||513, 937|
|Closest Postal Address||At or near 345 S Main St, Springboro OH 45066, US|
|Alternative Maps||Google Maps, MapQuest, Bing Maps, Yahoo Maps, MSR Maps, OpenCycleMap, MyTopo Maps, OpenStreetMap|
Have you seen this marker? If so, check in and tell us about it.